VCE English Language Units 3/4 – Interactive Course
Learn the entire VCE English Language 3/4 course inside out, in a way that is interactive, fun and engaging! With over 600 students using my interactive online course for their English Language studies, you definitely can’t go wrong! This course is entirely comprehensive, meaning that you could be struggling at English Language OR are a pro and just need that extra bit of polishing! I have made this course so that caters to all levels! Part of my offering is a complete metalanguage list for all of the subsystems AND a complete quotations list for all topics in the course. I also provide you with tons of COMPLETE sample essays covering a wide range of topics, as well as analytical commentaries. Talk about value!
Download here today and get 25% off the full price now: https://www.udemy.com/vce-english-language-course/?couponCode=GET25OFF
Exam Revision Checklist for VCE English Language Students
To help you with this pathway, I have compiled a list of what I’d recommend you do to help you with thorough EL exam preparation.
1. Finalise your metalanguage definitions list. Without intricate knowledge of the metalanguage required, you will barely pass. You MUST know it. Feel free to download a template to fill out here: https://learnmate.com.au/metalanguage-template/
2. Finalise your quotes/examples list for the essay section. To succeed in the essay section, you MUST have both media/modern examples and linguist quotes to support your cases. To get you started I have created a template for all of your quotes and exam, sorted by category. Of course, you don’t need to fill out all boxes as that would make for a very long quotes list, but try to fill out as much as you see appropriate and relevant for your essay and your brain to remember! Again, feel free to remove or add sections – this template can be edited to your liking. You can find the editable docx file here: https://learnmate.com.au/…/uploads/2016/10/QUOTES-EXAMPLES-L…
3. Create detailed notes for both Units and all AOSs. My online course will be able to help you immensely with this (if you don’t already have access to it). Don’t just think, however, that because you bought Connect Education’s notes that you’ve bought yourself a 50! Big mistake. The person who got the 50 (and who consequently wrote those notes) would’ve spent hours upon hours making the notes from scratch, so to get a high mark you should too. This means rephrasing notes into your own words. You can find my online course here: https://www.udemy.com/vce-english-language-course/…
4. Complete as many practice exams as possible under timed conditions. No use taking your jolly time. Where to get practice exams you ask?
– You can purchase others from online companies or ask your teacher.
– My online course has a few which will help.
5. If you have time, I’d also recommend going through the EL study design for this year and just ticking off each of the checkpoints and key knowledge required for each AOS. This will ensure you know EXACTLY what the assessor could assess on the exam. No nasty surprises: http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/…/eng…/EnglishLanguageSD_2016.pdf
6. Beyond practice exams and what your teacher gives you, you can also find your own real-life examples for the analytical commentary section. Saw an evacuation procedure on the wall at your school? Analyse its language usage and complete a practice analytical commentary. Heard your friend using a new slang term for 2016? Write it down and include it in your essay examples bank.
Need a last-minute helping hand? Feel free to search for an English Language tutor here: https://learnmate.com.au/vce-search/
Thanks! I sincerely hope this helps!
LearnMate is Australia’s leading tutoring agency offering private lessons in all primary & high school subjects including English, maths, science, humanities, foreign languages, and so much more. Our mission is simple: to provide professional, engaging and enthusiastic tutors to students, while also ensuring the student feels empowered and confident during their assessments! Ultimately, our goal is to empower students all over Australia to achieve amazing results and make their dreams come true!