Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to view my profile.
I’m Maha, a Commerce and Arts student at UNSW. I am majoring in English and am an avid reader and passionate writer. I received the high achievers award for best performance in English Literature and Language in Year 12 last year, scoring above the 95th percentile and have since gotten distinctions in all English units at university. I have an equivalent ATAR of above 96, have maintained a distinction average at university and have been tutoring both primary and high school students online for the past year.
For HSC and IB students, I assist them by:
- preparing notes and study guides on numerous texts in the curriculum
- providing exemplar essays
- providing guidance on how to conduct research
- Instructing them about how to integrate quotes and research from primary and secondary sources in essays effectively
- teaching them how to powerfully deliver arguments and craft impactful introductions and conclusions
- providing detailed, highly individualised feedback and tailored suggestions for improvement
For Primary and Early High School Students, I:
- go through comprehension and composition worksheets with them
- practice vocabulary and grammar through short and engaging exercises
- provide challenging spelling lists and regularly test them
- Assist them with creative and persuasive writing, teaching them how to structure and form arguments/craft narratives
- Introduce them to different literary genres, styles and texts and teach them how to approach them appropriately
- Teach them general writing and test taking strategies
I am easy to reach, available by email 7 days a week and very responsive. I believe that everyone can excel at English and I make a conscious effort to motivate and inspire my students as well so that they can view their academic achievement as not only a gateway to university or future prospects, but also as a powerful tool of self actualisation.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am very flexible and accommodative with my schedule and will aim to facilitate you the best I can. I hold a valid Working With Children’s Check (WWCC).
I tutor online at CrunchGrade as well and I charge between $40-50 per hour for one-on-one sessions on Zoom. For groups of 2 and 3, I charge $30 per hour.