Hi everyone! My name’s Karuna, a 2017 graduate of the select-entry school, The Mac.Robertson Girls’ High School. I’m tutoring French (scaled 49) and am offering 24/7 messaging and email support.
Having studied at the University of Auvergne and CAVILAM Institute in Vichy, France, 2020 and graduating in 2017 with a 95+ ATAR (VCE Baccalaureate), I am extremely familiar with the French study design, and am fully equipped to develop your skills throughout the year. I will not be dormant, and will push to improve myself with each session.
During high school, I volunteered tutoring underprivileged students with my local Lions Club. There, I learnt to value flexibility and tailor lessons around the individual, and since then I’ve honed my skills, tutoring students each year after graduating. As an ANU Chancellor’s Scholar, a Monash University Scholar, and graduating from Mac.Rob, I have picked up effective study habits from high achievers to best set you up for success.
A three-time finalist in the Alliance Française Berthe Mouchette Competition in both disciplines of Oral and Written, I will confidently prepare you for organic interactions to excel at VCE and beyond.
Tutoring is a partnership, so please feel free to message with any questions, I happily offer my total support to you. French has been a core part of my education since primary school, and I would be so honoured to pass on my enthusiasm for this beautiful language.
- Université Clermont Auvergne, France: C1+ (Advanced)*
- CAVILAM Institute, Vichy, France: C1+ (Advanced)*
- University of Melbourne: French Advanced (Highest Entry Level)
- DELF B2 diploma (Diplôme d’Études en Langue Française), receiving a perfect 25/25 mark for the Written Component
- “Finalist” (2015-2017) of the Alliance Française Competition (Oral and Written Exams)
- 95+ ATAR (VCE Baccalaureate)
- ANU Chancellor’s Scholar, Monash University Scholar, Mac.Rob graduate
- 2017 perfect SAC marks and essays
* as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL)
- all 2019 students improved at least 10% in Year 12 SAC marks
- even the most high-achieving students were able to improve on their scores
- I coached a 2019 Finalist for the Alliance Française Competition (Oral)
- a 2019 student received a perfect Oral SAC mark (100%) up from 80% before tutoring
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
My hourly rate is $45 per hour.
I hold a Working with Children Check.
I tutor online or in-person at Box Hill Library, REALM Ringwood Library or in the Melbourne CBD, at State Library, City Library or around Parkville. For a location closer to you, a $5 travel charge will be added to cover transport costs.
Please contact me to enquire about availability. Locations and times are all flexible.
Thanks for reading, I’d be keen to meet you!
Karuna has been such a blessing for us. She has forged a wonderful relationship with our son, and has re-ignited an interest in French. She has readily taken in the challenge of guiding our son to be VCE ready and his confidence has grown immensely. Cannot rate her highly enough. Thanks Karuna.