Hi there! My name is Jade and I graduated from Braybrook College in 2015 with an atar of 95. I’m offering tutoring in English (41), Literature (42) and Legal Studies (48).
I am a very sociable, outgoing person with a love for reading, baking and legal studies!
I am currently studying a Bachelor of Arts at the University of Melbourne, majoring in Law and Literature. I would love to pass on my knowledge and subject expertise to assist you in achieving your VCE goals.
I have experience teaching and running tutorial classes for VCE students, which has taught me how to plan lessons in a fun and engaging manner. I aim to tailor my sessions to suit the individual student goals and learning preferences, I believe that with the correct mindset and hard work that any student can achieve their desired results. In all the subjects I provide tutoring in, my students have access to A + study notes, practice questions/exams/SACS and are able to contact me 7 days a week for advice or assistance through email or messaging!
Session will involve:
- Consolidating knowledge of content and going through any areas of confusion
- Teaching content from the study design at an earlier stage
- Study techniques and strategies for tacking SAC’S and practice exams
- Going through and doing practice questions, exams and quizzes
- Giving advice about under taking exams/sacs and how to deal with the stress of VCE
- Focusing on each individual student’s area of improvement and focusing on building up their confidence and knowledge
Legal Studies (UNITS 3&4)
Legal Studies was by far my favourite subject of my VCE experience, and I would love to use my passion to assist you to making what comes across as a content heavy subjects as interesting and perhaps even fun! As Legal Studies dux of my school I believe that basing my tutoring around understanding the core content and applying it to practice questions is crucial in achieving success and satisfaction.
I specialise in:
- Assisting students in understanding key concepts and definitions
- Familiarising students with legal terminology, case studies and metalanguage
- Creating and going through exam styled questions and structuring high scoring responses
English and Literature (UNITS 3&4):
I am familiar with the new (2016-2020) study design and am willing to familiarise myself with student’s individual texts.
I specialise in:
- Improving expression, grammar and vocabulary
- Assisting in exploring more complex ideas
- Analysing and evaluating character and themes and incorporating them into written works
- Structuring and correction of essays
- Editing and crafting creative essays that fit the individual and provided text
- Analysing a persuasive piece and developing ability to create strong arguments
I am located in Sunshine North, but attend University in the City 3 days a week. You are welcome to come to my house in Sunshine North or I am happy to meet at the State Library or Sunshine Library. I am also willing to agree on another location if that suits you better!
I charge just 45 dollars per hour lesson, which includes copies and access to my notes, correction of exams/essay and available assistance 7 days a week (with a promise to return any messages within 24 hours). I’m also available to tutor small groups (up to 6 students), charging 35 dollars per student when in group sessions.