Hello! Thanks for stopping by.
My name is Greta and I am a first-year student at the University of Melbourne undertaking a Bachelor of Arts (double-majoring in Criminology and English & Theatre Studies). I graduated in 2020 as the Dux of St. Aloysius College with an ATAR of 98.2. I love reading books of all genre, playing DnD with my friends, making art and snuggling with my cats.
I am extremely passionate about all things learning – from developing study skills that suit your own learning style, to tips and tricks that will ensure you are able to achieve your desired grade on that upcoming test. My aim for my students of all year levels is fostering self-confidence, promoting positive thinking and working towards setting and achieving attainable academic goals.
I am more than happy to cater to your level and what you want out of our lessons! Success – whatever that means to you – does not happen overnight, and I am willing to take on feedback to ensure you are satisfied and on track to be your best.
I am currently offering tutoring for the following subjects and year levels:
- VCE Psychology (48 Study Score) *Year 12 only
- VCE Studio Arts (47 Study Score and Top Arts 2021 exhibitor)
- VCE English Literature (41 Study Score)
- VCE History: Revolutions (40 Study Score) *French Revolution and Russian Revolution
- Primary, Secondary and VCE Japanese (43 Study Score)
- Primary and Secondary English/Literacy
I also have a current Working With Children’s Check.
VCE Psychology, Studio Arts, English Literature and History Revolutions
For the following VCE subjects, I will assist you with:
- Correcting writing and providing constructive feedback
- Classwork or homework assigned by your teacher
- Going through template answers and identifying essential structures when responding to questions
- Key concepts on the study design
- Completing exam-style questions together, on your own and under timed conditions
- Providing helpful resources that will assist the consolidation of your knowledge and extend your learning
- Time management and study skills
- Tips and tricks for great essay writing!
For this subject, I will assist you with all of the above, as well as:
- Reviewing grammar patterns that are complex or need attention
- Writing and memorising kanji
- Frequent practice with speaking, including mock orals
- Writing and memorising responses for General Conversation and Discussion
Primary and Secondary English and Japanese
For students form Primary to Year 10, I will assist you with:
- Fostering interest in the subject
- Marking work or going over feedback from your teacher
- Going over classwork
- Homework set by your teacher
- Forming good time management and study skills in preparation for future learning
- Goal setting
- Motivation to learn and extend yourself
- Providing helpful resources to further consolidate your knowledge
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am offering online tutoring via Zoom or Skype.
I am available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Weekends – contact me and we can easily schedule a date and time! I will also be available for 24/7 support for marking work or answering questions.
My hourly rate is $50, but I am able to negotiate for group sessions.