So what exactly is this ‘interactive workshop’?
Good question! I am providing a 5 hour jam-packed workshop where I go through everything you need to know to perform well in your exams including all of Unit 3 and Unit 4. I will run through structuring essays for different types of essay topics, structuring an analytical commentary response, how to approach SACs and exams, tips from VCAA English Language examiners to get A+ results and much more. Essentially, we will detail everything you need to know in VCE so that you are prepared for your exam, and therefore you can score the highest mark possible.
This workshop will be an intense revision session of all Unit 3/4 VCE English Language. But, that doesn’t mean it’ll be boring. I’ll be making the workshop as interactive as possible with much group discussion, collaboration and activities.
The general structure of the day will be as follows (in chronological order):
- Go over key content for both Unit 3 & 4
- Go through a sample essay together, and write one from scratch on the projector (group activity)
- Go through a sample commentary together, and write one from scratch on the projector (group activity)
- Go through a sample short answer response together, and write answers to a practice piece provided (group activity)
We will be going through aspects such as:
– How to structure essays for different types of essay topics! We will also go through how to write an essay together.
– How to perform well for any type of format in your SACs.
– How to go about answering short answer questions.
– How to go about structuring an analytical commentary response.
– We will be running through essential content and METALANGUAGE for the exam
– How to approach various SACs and even tips from VCAA English Language examiners to get A+ results!
– How to manage your time in SACs as time management is incredibly important!
– Where to find quotations and examples, and how to use them in your response. I will also provide you with my own personal quotations list!
– I will even give you FREE ACCESS to my online course, which boasts over 70 online lectures! I normally charge $50 for it, but I will give it to you for FREE!
– The workshop will have a greater emphasis on group interaction, so you will be able to discuss possible responses and answers with your fellow English Language students!
– Essentially, we will detail everything you need to know for English Language so that you are prepared for your SACs, and therefore you can score the highest mark possible!
I have listed to the feedback from past attendees, and the following changes will be implemented:
– There will be two small short breaks and a longer lunch period
– We will be focusing more time on the essay section (as many students seem to struggle with this the most), with the essay section being looked at towards the start of the lecture to ensure concentration (rather than leaving it last).
– I will be showing you how to write both an essay and analytical commentary WORD FOR WORD on the projector, to avoid confusion surrounding how to write these pieces.
– The workshop will be held at a new location (Victoria University).