I will be running the most comprehensive head start a workshop for VCE English Language 3/4 these coming summer holidays. To find out more, please go here https://www.facebook.com/events/288217048358026 or here https://www.learnmate.com.au/workshops/english-language/
Don’t miss out – my workshops always sell out every holiday – and I have got so much planned for you. Get a massive head start and feel confident in 2018!
VCE English Language – The Importance of Mindset & Self-Awareness
As I begin to commence my lessons for 2018 with new (and amazing!) EL students, I think I’d like to bring to the forefront the notion of mindset and self-awareness in not just English Language, but also VCE as a whole.
Those who do well in VCE English Language know their strengths (and maximise them), whilst also building on their weaknesses.
Make sure you do the following to maximise your study score in the English Language (and VCE as a whole):
- Visualise your goal in terms of study score for the English Language. Then visualise your ideal ATAR. Have the self-belief that you can indeed do this! If you don’t believe it at the start, how do you expect to even achieve it?
- You may even choose to write down this goal on your computer, print it out and stick it on your bedroom wall.
- Write down your noticeable and observable strengths and weaknesses in VCE English Language. If you are not sure what they are, ask your teacher according to last year’s feedback. Common issues could be not enough practice, poor time or stress management skills, poor memory retention etc. Be honest with yourself.
- For example, for me, I know my issues in Year 12 were writing too much and sometimes running out of time. So to improve, I cut down my writing while retaining a quality of information, whilst also practising under timed conditions. In terms of my strengths, I know my work ethic is very strong, so I would always do the work, and more.
- If you are lazy, change your mindset from laziness to a strong work ethic. Work ethic is half of what will help you achieve success in VCE English Language.
- Once you know your strengths and weaknesses, go all in on your strengths and maximise these to get a competitive advantage.
The strongest advice I can give you is to not only be resourceful (teachers, tutors etc), but also to know what you want to work towards. THIS IS KEY.
Good luck going into 2018!
LearnMate is Australia’s leading tutoring agency offering private lessons in all primary & high school subjects including English, maths, science, humanities, foreign languages, and so much more. Our mission is simple: to provide professional, engaging and enthusiastic tutors to students, while also ensuring the student feels empowered and confident during their assessments! Ultimately, our goal is to empower students all over Australia to achieve amazing results and make their dreams come true!