Hey there! My name is Zoe and I am a recent VCE graduate (2016) who scored a 96.75. I am currently studying a Bachelor of Arts and a Diploma of Maths and Statistics at the University of Melbourne, majoring in English and Theatre Studies, History and Maths. Thank you for taking the time to visit my profile!
I finished Year 12 VCE with study scores of 47 in English, 43 in Literature and 41 in Theatre Studies. I am passionate about all these subjects, and my main priority is for my students to feel comfortable and confident with content. I am also happy to help any students in Years 7-10 struggling with English or Maths.
I am all about pushing for students’ personal best. Finding out what strategies work best for them, and driving for their definition of success. I am known to be optimistic and enthusiastic in my tutoring sessions.
I am familiar with the current curriculum for VCE English, Literature and Theatre Studies, and can help in many areas, including:
– SAC Preparation
– Essay structure – How to nail what markers are looking for
– Familiarisation of the texts – Themes and what they mean for you
– Context of the texts – Including contemporary views and values and past performances
– Revision – Missed something early on? Let’s catch up!
– In English, I can help you finally grasp all those persuasive language techniques, keep straight all those essay types and hone in on the ties between texts.
– In Literature I can assist in perfecting close readings, finding the “Golden Thread” of connection between passages, and perfecting your understanding of the texts.
– In Theatre Studies I can dig deep into design choices and help to translate them into A-grade written work, and help to analyse the best parts of performances
Part of my offering includes phone and email support 7 days a week, so if students ever get stuck or have questions, I’m here to help! I can also give access to worksheets, quote sheets and a break-down of the study design, to make sure you’ve covered all your bases.
I live in the Prahran area, so you’re welcome to come to me, or I can travel to you – whichever suits. I also offer Skype lessons! I am available every weekday, as well as all day Sundays, and I will do my utmost to bend to your weekly schedules.
I also hold a valid Working with Children’s Check.
I am only charging $40 per hour (+$10 for longer travel times) with your first half hour free! Contact me today, and let’s work to achieve everything you want out of this year!