Hi there, I’m Tom and I am currently studying at the University of Western Australia completing a Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) degree, majoring in Engineering Science and Finance. After this (fairly disrupted) first semester I have maintained High Distinctions and marks over 90% in my units. Graduating from Christ Church Grammar School in 2019, I am fresh with the content for Maths Applications and Accounting and Finance. These were subjects that I really enjoyed during school, and were among my best subjects.
My notable year 12 final scaled scores are as follows:
- Maths Applications 87.2%
- Chemistry 86.7%
- Accounting and Finance 84.6%
- Physics 84.2%
- Maths Methods 79.1%
ATAR of 98.90
- Subject Certificate of Excellence in Maths Applications (top 0.5% in exam mark)
- Selected for the 2020 Good Answers Guide in Accounting and Finance
- WACE Certificate of Distinction
- Year 12 School Awards (2019):
- Academic Merit prize (5 A grades in ATAR subjects)
- Alexander Bateman Memorial Prize for Outstanding Musicianship
- Prefects’ Books Award for Service to the Prefect Community
Having been tutored myself, I am very motivated to create a productive learning environment for my students, establish learning and studying techniques that work for the individual, and ultimately maximise results. I firmly believe in creating a friendly atmosphere when tutoring, this transcends to more honest feedback from both students and myself which ultimately leads to more tricky problems being solved in the shortest time-frame.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am located in the Nedlands/Crawley area. For in-person tutoring, I can meet students at UWA Reid or Barry J Marshall Libraries.
I can also offer online tutoring via Zoom.
My costs are a flat hourly rate of $40 (one on one tutoring), or $30 per student (group tutoring, with a maximum of three students per group). This is the case for all subjects.