I am a confident, compassionate, respectful and reliable tutor in my final semester of my Bachelor’s Degree, majoring in English – on my way to becoming a high school teacher. I am currently averaging distinctions in all my subjects at Western Sydney University. I strive to make meaningful connections and provide a judgemental free space in which the student feels comfortable enough to be themselves and ask any questions they might have.
I aim to extract the best out of my students by being optimistic, genuine and providing:
- phone and email support 24/7
- a variety of resources (including essay questions and past papers)
- essay marking (free of charge)
My teaching strategy is as follows:
- Setting Goals: At the beginning of every class I will set goals based on the student’s needs. These will be clearly presented so the student is aware of what they are expected to know by the end of the lesson and why it is important.
- Show and tell: Goals clarify what I want the student to know and be able to do by the end of the lesson. Here I will tell them what they need to know and show them how to do it.
- Question to check for understanding: Ask the student questions to ensure understanding. Allow time for the student to ask any questions and clarify anything that may have been misunderstood.
- Practice: Helps students to retain the knowledge and skills they have learned during show and tell.
My top priority is to ensure that I cater to the needs of the student and cover all aspects of the curriculum while ensuring that they find the tutoring session of immense value to succeed in their studies.
I am flexible with my time schedule; we could discuss a time that is suitable for us both. I will do my utmost best to accommodate you to my schedule.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I tutor in the comfort of your home or at a local library! Initial tutoring session is to be done at a library.
- Individual – $50 per hour
- Groups of 2- $35 per hour
- Groups of 3- $30 per hour
I also hold a valid Working with Children’s Check.
Feel free to message me for any questions or inquiries.
Hoping to hear from you soon!