Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time to read my profile.
I’m Sienna and I graduated in 2020 with an ATAR of 99.0, receiving a 50 in Physical Education, 47 in Psychology, 42 in Chemistry, 45 in Biology (2019) and scaled 43 in Mathematical Methods. I am studying Bachelor of Biomedicine at The University of Melbourne in 2021, to eventually complete a graduate degree in Medicine.
I am offering both online and in-person tutoring for VCE Physical Education, VCE Psychology, VCE Chemistry, years 7-10 maths and primary school maths.
I have always been extremely passionate about my studies, and am excited to share my enthusiasm and knowledge with others, to help students achieve the best results possible. I can do this by creating a friendly, engaging and positive atmosphere.
I love working with people and can offer a patient, compassionate, and personalised approach to tutoring students. Everyone learns in their own unique way, so I will ensure to get to know individual preferences. I have also worked as a tennis coach for younger children (age range 4-12), and combined with my love of maths, very much enjoy tutoring primary school students.
Throughout my high school years, I balanced my academic life with training and competing in elite level tennis, which allowed me to develop strong organisational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure. I can therefore teach you how to study effectively and work smarter, not harder.
As a tutor, I can:
- Break down more complex concepts, such as by creating diagrams, mind maps, etc.
- Share study techniques and exam/test strategies.
- Provide resources including practice exams/SACS/tests.
- Use and share detailed VCE notes for the subjects I undertook, compiled from various sources and expert teachers. These are extremely valuable to help understand content from a perspective other than standard textbooks.
- Share tips and tricks from VCAA Chief assessors, exam markers and writers whom I was taught by. I can show students how to answer exam style questions properly and understand exactly what assessors are looking for.
I will also be available via text message/phone if students would like help with questions or homework outside of tutoring hours (free of charge) 🙂
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am based in Black Rock and St. Kilda, and am happy to travel around the bayside area for in-person tutoring.
- Online tutoring – $55/hr
- In person tutoring – $60/hr
- Groups of 2 – $50/hr per person
- Groups of 3 – $40/hr per person
I am available after 3:00pm on weekdays, and any time on weekends. However, I am flexible with my time schedule, so we can arrange a time that best suits us both!
I hope to hear from you soon! 🙂
Sienna was great – friendly, patient and able to answer questions thrown at her for both Year 10 Pre Methods Maths and Chemistry. She was happy to keep going until Will had all the answers he needed. A huge thumbs up for a first lesson 🙂