Hi, parents and students!
I’m Rithika, and I’m currently a full-time Uni student studying Computer and Network Engineering. I graduated from Nossal High School with straight ‘A’ grades in Mainstream English, scoring a raw study score of 39. I offer both online and in-person tutoring to teach English to primary and secondary school students and maths to primary school students. In school, I excelled particularly at writing various styles of high-scoring essays, including comparative, persuasive, and analytical, and delivering outstanding orals.
I’ve always had a penchant for teaching, and approach each student and lesson with enthusiasm and patience, as teaching something I have been passionate about since a young age. Combining that with my skills in English, I tutored students from Year 1 to Year 9 to help prepare them for the SEAL Test and Select-entry Test, aside from helping them with general assessments.
I aim to instil confidence in my students to reach their potential both inside and outside our lessons. One of my most recent and prominent achievements in my tutoring career has to be aiding a current Year 9 student of mine be a into one of the select-entry schools for 2020, with superiors in Verbal Reasoning and Reading Comprehension.
To achieve amazing milestones with my students in the English subject, like the one above, I seek to understand each child’s different learning styles to create an environment conducive to their learning, so I will ensure that each of my students is uniquely catered to by:
- Holding a free consultation session to discuss the student’s course content, preferred learning style, and areas of strength and improvement before starting lessons
- Reading the texts prescribed to them by their school
- Giving tailored advice on practice essays and homework
- Using class discussions to guide and encourage their thinking and ideas, for example, while analysing a text, to promote their learning
- Providing comprehensive notes to aid with assessments which they can refer to anytime
Teaching the content at a pace and intensity that will stimulate their learning
- Providing additional support throughout the week over email or phone
- My aim in teaching students is to impart a sense of joy in learning the English subject as it’s so versatile and creative, as there’s no right or wrong answers, and guiding them to reach their unique and best potential.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am based in the South-East side and willing to travel to suburbs near or around Cranbourne North that are accessible by public transport with a travel time of less than an hour to teach face-to-face when feasible. Currently, I am only holding online lessons over Skype/Zoom.The rates below apply to both online and in-person tutoring.
Maths and English for Primary, Year 7-10, and SEAL/Select-entry training students:
Group (2 or more): $35/hour per person
Mainstream English for VCE Students:
Group (2 or more): $40/hour per person
I usually operate from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm weekends and weekdays, so I’m open to discussing a time and day that suits you best.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile and please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I hope to hear from you soon!