Hello there! Thanks for visiting my profile and considering me as your potential tutor. I graduated from De La Salle College, Malvern with a raw score of 44 in Further Mathematics and I would like to pass on this knowledge to other students currently undertaking VCE. I am passionate about maths and am currently undertaking a commerce and finance degree in Monash University. This passion enables me to explain mathematical concepts in a very intuitive and logical form to others who have trouble understanding them.
I understand that choosing a tutor is a decision that is not to be taken lightly as it will shape your understanding of concepts relevant to this subject. However, having gone through this subject myself, and having obtained 1+ years of formal tutoring experience, I believe that I can strengthen your understanding of concepts and enable you to achieve your best in Mathematics.
If you choose me as your tutor, I will endeavour to maximise your potential in this subject by:
- Providing you many ways to understanding a concept or a problem
- Giving you tips and tricks to succeed in Student Assessed Coursework (SAC) and the exam
- Providing you with unusual problems to minimise time and stress in assessments and maximise confidence
- Providing technical support with the CASIO fx – CP400 Graphics Calculator, including entering and storing relevant formulas in it to save time in assessments and the exam
- Answering questions or concerns that you have with the subject in the lesson or after hours
- Empowering you to answer questions accurately, confidently and quickly through confidence building practice
Additionally, I will also tutor you in a fun and engaging way so that you can find your interest in the subject, making it easier for you to succeed in maths.
My areas of expertise in relation to this subject are:
- Data Analysis
- Financial Mathematics
- Geometry and Trigonometry
- Linear Graphs
I also provide full email and phone support 7 days a week with any questions or queries you may have.
Availability, Location and Costs
As I am busy this year, please enquire about my availability. I live in East Brighton and hold a valid Victorian Driver’s License and a valid Working with Children Check. I can meet in public libraries or at your home in the south eastern suburbs (City of Glen Eira, City of Bayside and City of Monash areas) on Mondays, Tuesdays or weekends.
For private tutoring, the cost is only $40 per hour, with your first lesson at half price! I can also tutor smaller groups (2-4 people) for only $30 per student, per hour. If travel becomes timely, an extra $10 will be charged.
“My experience with Nigel was professional, insightful and enjoyable. Every session Nigel would be in a jovial mood and deliver notes and key concepts in a confident and succinct manner providing a very fulfilling and organised tutoring experience. I am very thankfully for the time Nigel spent with me and commend him on his patience and knowledge on a wide variety of subjects.”
“Nigel was able to explain every concept to me thoroughly and further my understanding of the subject material. He was patient and a very keen teacher.”