My formal TUTORING experience include:
- Tutor @ Monash University, Caulfield Campus, Victoria, Dept of Software Development between April 1995 & August 1996; Taught C++ programming language to undergraduate students; and
- Tutor/Lecturer at BMS College of Engineering, India between Oct 1988 & May 1989; Taught Electrical Circuits and Machines to undergraduate Engineering students.
I can tutor in the following subjects/areas: English, Maths, Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Software Development.
Graduating from High School in India, I scored the following marks at the final examination:
- English : 89
- Maths : 89
- Physics: 82
- Chemistry : 84
I graduated from my Electrical Engineering program with a 1st class marks and a GPA of 4.2 in my Masters degree in Computer Science from USA.
As a Tutor, I can leverage on the following strengths and skills to be an effective Tutor:
- Excellent English language skills : written and spoken;
- Demonstrated Problem Solving (including Math) and Analytical Skills;
- Ability to provide real-life analogies to concepts to enable better grasp of subject matter/concepts;
- Ability to abstract details and present the ‘big-picture’; and
- Industrial experience to reiterate practical application of concepts taught at School/College
Finally, some of the way I can help a student include:
- Listening to their needs/requirements;
- Explaining concepts with patience with the correct level of abstraction/detail, providing examples wherever possible;
- Where necessary, ensuring written notes to help with memory recall;
- Asking simple questions to ensure comprehension/understanding;
- Seeking feedback w.r.t learning techniques used and incorporating feedback to ensure continuous/continual improvement of tutoring process towards win-win outcomes.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I live in Middle Swan but intend to relocate to Midland, WA shortly. I can tutor in suburbs close to a Train station.
My payment rate is negotiable but subject to Industry standards/payscale
I am available on all days between 10 and 3 pm including sundays.
I look forward to lending my industrial and academic experience to helping potential students through my innate desire to share knowledge, spark their interest and passion for studies and enable them in the learning process with the overall objective of being useful and good citizens in the society.