Hi there. My name is Motaz Ismail and currently studying Dentistry after completing VCE in 2014 and achieving an ATAR of 97. As a tutor, I strive to help students from all year levels reach their goals excel in English.
I have a strong interest in reading and writing which is why I enjoyed English throughout High school. My passion for writing pushed me to achieve a study score of 44 in VCE English. Since then, my English has continued to improve because of the experiences that University provided me, and the hours spent reading and writing as a hobby
My success and interest in English suggests that I have a skill in understanding complex themes explored in literature and I may convey them to you in an easy to understand, yet thought-provoking way. I aim to work WITH students to uncover hidden strengths, assist in refining their ideas and simplify difficult concepts so that they become more confident and capable English students.
What to expect of me:
- I will ensure that I read the student’s prescribed text in detail, and share my annotations, quotes, and highlights of important passages
- Formulate tailored notes about main ideas which would be discussed and shared with the student in our sessions.
- Prepare text summaries
- Correct student essays with the objective to enhance it to an A+ standard.
- I will aid the student in reaching their own conclusions about a text before I help refine original ideas; because originality is what high scoring VCE English essays are all about.
- Students can expect to feel particularly motivated and engaged with the subject as I dedicate time to goal planning and create the motivation necessary to bring a student’s writing to an A+ level. I do this by connecting with my students and creating a tailored plan for that individual that includes a series of steps to achieve their target study score for VCE English.
Location Availability and Costs
I am currently available Mon-Fri, and anytime on weekends. In addition to this, I will be available for text/email 24/7.
I only charge $40 for one hour. The first session would be half an hour and is completely free!
I live in the Northern suburbs, I can come to you or you can come to me. We may even meet at a local library if that is convenient.
Please feel free to get in contact with me if you have ANY questions!