Hi, I’m May! Pleasure to meet you!
I am currently a second-year student at the University of Technology Sydney, majoring in Biomedical Science. I have HUGE passions for Biochemistry-related subjects and is pursuing an academic career in Cancer Research. I was one of the few IB graduates who received UTS’s merit scholarship for the full-time study duration at the university. I graduated the IB Diploma Program in May 2017 and have obtained solid IB tutoring experiences in the following subjects:
– IB Biology (SL/HL)- in which I scored a 6 at HL
– IB Business Management (SL/HL)- scored 7 at HL
– IB Chemistry (SL/HL)- scored 5 at SL (my high-achieving results for University-level Chemistry had landed me a position in the top elite Advanced Chemistry student cohort plus Teaching Associate jobs for Chemistry courses)
At University level, I am specialized in Biochemistry, Genetics, Human Physiology and Microbiology. My current GPA is 3.75/4.
I am an enthusiastic, friendly and open-minded tutor who likes to utilize creativity to entangle sophisticated concepts so that you can gain an ACTUAL understanding (and even interest) while exploring the mind-blowing essences of the subjects! I’m confident that I can combine my knowledge and unique teaching approach (how do you like some visual-stimulated analogies?) to help you grasp a firm hold of the subject foundations. We want to make it as straight-forward as possible!
I WILL SHOW YOU THE BIG PICTURE OF THE SUBJECT AND THEN EVERYTHING WILL START TO MAKE SENSE
I will provide guidance, tips and tricks for all types of your IB assessments (IAs, EEs, exam papers, etc.) as well as resources such as detailed lesson notes and past-papers.
I tailor my teaching approach for each student by pinpointing your weaknesses and work with you to address them! Study does not have to be stressful and intimidating. I will get into your shoes and walk with you step by step, until you re-gain your confidence and start to excel in the subject.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I offer both online and face-to-face lessons for:
• Skype calls: $36 per hour
o Individual: $48 p/h
o Group of 2: $40 p/h per student
o Group of 3: $35 p/h per student
• A one-off intensive 3 hours session (flexibly designed for your specific needs e.g. thorough reviews/overviews of contents, assignment helps, etc): $110 for 3 hours
Ideally at any of the UTS buildings as they have very nice private places for group studies (I will walk you in). Otherwise, I can tutor at any public library within Sydney CBD or relatively near it, preferably:
• Haymarket (744 George Street)
• Town Hall House (456 Kent Street)
• Ultimo Community Centre (40 William Henry Street)
• Newtown Library (8–10 Brown Street)
• Green Square (355 Botany Road)
Thank you for considering my offer! Don’t hesitate to contact me for any inquiry. I am very responsive!