– I’m a 2018 QUT graduate with a Bachelor of Behavioural Sciences (Psychology). My GPA was 5.4. Currently, I’m taking a gap year before returning to university for Honmours next year, and I plan to study further in the child developmental area.
– I graduated from Prince of Peace Lutheran College in 2015 with an OP of 9 and an A on my QCS test.
– I have a passion for the life sciences, especially biology. I also have a strong interest in English, literature and visual art.
– I understand what it’s like to struggle with schoolwork, whether it’s because of challenging subjects, trouble adjusting to and dealing with the pressures of a high workload, or because of issues such as ADHD, anxiety, or ASD. My Bachelor of Behavioural Sciences (Psychology) and my own personal experience with ADHD and similar issues allows me to empathise with students who may be struggling, and provide them with support and advice for practical and useful learning strategies.
– I can work with students and parents to identify challenges and possible causes of problems, and create a solid but simple study plan to help make studying more rewarding for the student. This can be achieved through tactics like “gamifying” challenging or boring tasks, breaking down work into manageable chunks, and helping students work out study plans and learning techniques that are suited to the way they work best.
– I aim to not only help with learning but also encourage a positive attitude towards schoolwork and lifelong learning. Additionally, I am an advocate of diversity and able to engage with students of varied backgrounds and identities to promote education and opportunity for all.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am located in Bridgeman Downs, on the Northside of Brisbane. I have easy access to surrounding suburbs, as well as areas closer to the city. My rate is $35 per hour. As a newer tutor, I will not be taking group lessons at this time so I can provide your student with all my attention. As i am on a gap year from university, I have a great deal of flexibility and I can work out appointment times to suit any schedule.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile. If you think I offer the sort of tutoring experience you’re looking for, I hope to hear from you soon!
My 9 yo son has just started seeing Maddie last term and he is very happy with seeing her each week. My family have commented how more engaged he is this term with his learning so far.