Hello, my name is Lory. Nice to meet you! I have an extensive experience (10+years) as a private tutor for primary and secondary students in New South Wales school curriculum. By day, I work at an academic library and a public library in Sydney. In my free time, I specialise in English (Standard, ESL, Advanced and Extension), Science, Geography, History (Ancient, Modern and History Extension), Biology, Legal Studies, Visual Arts and Society and Culture.
For primary and secondary students. I have coached students to prepare for NAPLAN tests on Reading, Writing and Language conventions. I have supported and taught students crucial academic skills such as essay & report writing, exam preparation, study techniques, research and managing their HSC major works.
Previous students have commented their grades and academic skills have improved. Some of them have requested my tutoring services and academic skills coaching as they go through their university studies. I have been commended for my reliability, consistency, positive encouragement, passion, proactiveness and a great listener.
I believe that each child is capable of achieving their academic and career goals if they are able to tap into their learning styles and habits. By doing this, they are able to approach learning in a fun, interactive manner. Looking forward in meeting you, future student 🙂
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
Since I work full time as a librarian, I am more than happy to meet students online after school, Friday nights and weekends. Due to the current health restrictions, face to face is currently suspended due to Covid19’s social distancing rules.
In groups of three/or individually, students can contact and meet me online via email/Zoom/Skype chat on the following days/times:
- Monday 06:00 PM – 9:00 PM = Primary and years 7-10 students only
- Tuesday 7:30PM- 10PM= Years 7-10 and HSC students
- Wednesday 05:00 PM – 11:00 PM= HSC & Year 11, Primary, years 7-10 and HSC students
- Thursday 7:30 PM – 11:00 PM= HSC & Year 11, Primary, years 7-10 and HSC students
- Friday 6PM- 10PM= HSC & Year 11 students only
- Saturday 4PM- 7PM= HSC & Year 11 students only
- Sunday 04:00 PM – 7:00 PM= HSC students only
I try to make tutoring accessible and affordable to everyone, so that students will not miss out in accessing crucial study support for their success.
Rates are listed as per student/hour (psh).
- Primary students: $20 (psh)
- Years 7- 10 for curriculum help, academic support and assignment assistance= ranging from $25.50 to $28.50 (psh)
- Year 11 & HSC Students for curriculum help, academic support and assignment assistance= $30/hour (psh)
- HSC & Year 11 exam preparations = $35/hour (psh)
- HSC Students needing support in major HSC works = $40/hour (psh)
Please contact me privately if you want to negotiate a price for your child, I am happy to discuss 🙂