Hi! I’m Lisa – a 25 year old drama student, currently in my third year in the Actors Centre Australia Bachelor Program. I’m lucky enough to work every day with world class experts in my degree, having been trained in various voice and movement disciplines, and studied a variety of performance practices from throughout history. I also constantly work with various poetry genres and other heightened texts. The list goes on! I’ve also, during my time at ACA, been a part of the audition process, therefore I’ve had a cheeky behind the scenes peek at what makes a successful and unsuccessful drama school audition.
As a tutor, I can assist with:
- Primary School students with Drama and English.
- High School students with Drama and English.
- HSE Drama students (group and individual) in need of an impartial outside collaborator. Here I can help hone and define a finished piece, or assist with script breakdowns, stagecraft, and character development.
- Prepare graduates and young adults for NIDA, WAAPA, VCA or ACA auditions.
- Work with short scenes on camera.
- Prepare for auditions/public speaking
- Work holistically to improve voice and speech, and create a personalised process with which you can handle any text or character.
Before I started my degree at ACA in 2019, I trained with various camera teachers at the Sydney Actors Collective in order to hone my on screen presence, and before that, I just lived! I’ve worked in hospitality, lived overseas, and learned what it is to be a human being – which for an actor, is the key. You must know yourself before you learn how to be someone else.
In my own high school experience, I went to school in Queensland and received an OP 10. (So… a bit average. Not going to lie). I found that I didn’t respond well to formal, standardised testing and lecture-style teaching. I’ve begun to understand that I’m a kinaesthetic (physical) learner, and only truly learn something when it’s hands on and active. I’m not interested in talking at you and allowing you to drift off – I want to make you love the work you’re doing and truly engage your whole self in the work. For English students, I’ve always been a keen reader and love to write silly think pieces in my spare time – so hopefully I can help you shape your writing into something phenomenal!
If I sound like a good fit you help you on whatever journey it is you’re on, please reach out! I hope to hear from you soon.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
My location: Ashfield
- Online: $45 p.h
- In-person: $50 p.h
(can travel within reason)
Available: Currently Monday and Friday. Will update as availability opens up.