Hi everyone! My name is Julia and I am a University student (studying Psychology and French at the University of Melbourne) and a private tutor who specialises in English, French and the IB curriculum. I currently have limited places for 2021 students.
My IB Subjects:
- Language and Literature Higher Level (7/7)
- Maths Studies (7/7)
- French B Higher Level (7/7)
- ESS (7/7)
- Spanish Ab Initio (6/7)
- Visual Arts Higher Level (6/7)
- Having graduated from the IB Diploma in 2019 with a 98.70 ATAR, I have developed a number of skills and structures specific to the IB curriculum and style of assessment.
- I have 5 years (20+ students) of experience tutoring in English and French (predominantly IB students)
- In IB Language and Literature Higher Level (English), I gained a total score of 98% in my written tasks and 90% for P1.
- I am a confident French speaker, having lived in France for 3 months and achieved the top mark in the highest level of IB French (with 100% in my written task). I am currently working towards a major in French Studies at University.
What I Offer
- One-on-one specialised tutoring to help students tackle their individual goals
- Specific focus on building exam techniques, essay structures and study skills
- I am very familiar with the IB philosophy, syllabus and style of learning, having both gone through it myself and tutored many students
- I operate primarily online, with the potential for some face-to-face tutoring (location dependent)
- I can also provide feedback / editing / marking on papers (price variable)
LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY
- $70 for the first hour ($25/half hour following that)
- 10% discount if you buy a ‘1 Term Lesson Pack’ (one session each week for that school term)
- Available Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons (plus some availability on weekends)
- I operate primarily on Learnmate’s online learning platform, with the potential for some face-to-face tutoring (location dependent)