Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
Let’s mention the formal bit first!
- Bachelor of Science (2012)- Major: Chemistry, Minors: Physics, Biology. Flinders University.
- Graduate Diploma in Teaching and Learning (2012) Charles Darwin University.
- Registered Teacher. South Australian Teachers Registration Board. (Number: 607526)
- Five years of classroom teaching experience with all the planning and programming, assessing, reporting, content creating and classroom management experience that comes with it!
I have been teaching for the past 5 years in Australia, Canada and Cambodia covering subjects in Mathematics, Science and Information Technology. I love learning and I believe that is the primary quality that makes me love teaching. I love sharing the spirit of curiosity, passion and enquiry with my students.
I strive to be an engaging, friendly, down-to-earth tutor. I am clear, patient and supportive. I know we’re all different and as such tailor my teaching to how it suits you best. I will help you to understand and to learn, please note I will not be doing your work for you!
I really appreciate the opportunity to teach students 1-1 or in small groups. It has been one of my great joys to see my students succeed and hear back from them later in life to find out what they are doing. Perhaps you need just a little more support in your studies to feel confident again or perhaps you are determined to exceed; whatever your goals I am here to support you.
I am also happy to take small groups of students (more info below), but I recommend that the students be of the same grade and requiring help in the same subject(s).
To make the most use of the tutoring time, I am available by email for support and preparation purposes.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am based in Goolwa on the Fleurieu Peninsula. I am available for face-to-face lessons mainly at the Goolwa Library but I am willing to negotiate travel to other libraries in the region. I am also available for online tutoring which can be done through various video calling options. For the safety of the student and myself, I will not meet in private spaces (homes, certain businesses, etc).
My costs take into account my experience, resources and the LearnMate commission.
One-to-one Tutoring $50 per hour.
Two-to-one Tutoring $30 per hour per student.
Three+ Students $22 per hour per student.
* There may be some extra travel related costs depending on location needs.
- For two-to-one tutoring I recommend two classmates needing help in the same subject(s).
- For three students or more, the session will more resemble a tutorial in the current subject material.
I look forward to hearing from you.