Hi! I’m Ellis, currently a 4th year medical student from the University of New South Wales.
I am able to tutor Mathematics (SL), Biology (HL & SL) and Chemistry (HL & SL) for IB subjects.
1. ATAR equivalent: 99
2. Cambridge Advanced Level Examination results:
- Higher Level (H2) Mathematics: A
- Higher Level (H2) Biology: A
- Higher Level (H2) Chemistry: A
Having prior experience in tutoring mathematics from primary to high school levels, I realised how much I enjoy helping students through their learning journey and exams in the crucial periods of their education life. I see a great advantage in tutoring students just a few years junior to me as that provides the advantage of having experienced the latest updated curriculum, current struggles students face and strategies to overcome them. Furthermore, the reward of hearing updates from my past students about what they have achieved later on in life is tremendously rewarding.
My approach to helping students typically flows in this way:
- Understand their curriculum and requirements
- Highlighting their key issues/struggles/areas for improvement
- Getting to know their learning style and how to best teach them
- Giving them updated tips and strategies to overcome academic problems from prior experience
- Making sure they apply their work into practice!
The list is by no way exhaustive and adaptable depending on each unique student.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
- General areas and locations for tutoring
- University of New South Wales
- Hourly Rates
- Individual: $45-55/ hour
- Group: $35-45 / hour
- General times available
- Mondays – Wednesdays, Thursday (after 7pm)
- After 5pm generally but depending on availability
Am looking forward to be able to work with you in achieving your goals !