I’m Dennis and am currently studying a Bachelor of Biomedicine at Melbourne University having graduated from Melbourne High School in 2020. I will be offering tutoring for both primary school maths and high school maths and have over two years of experience tutoring students of a wide array of year levels and ability and am able to adapt my teaching style to further enrich your education.
As your tutor, I aim to ensure you have a thorough understanding of all the theory behind mathematical concepts and develop the ability to adapt your knowledge to answer questions of different styles.
What can I offer?
– Weekly structured, tailed classes based on ability with detailed notes for every class
– Fast responses to any queries or questions which may arise throughout the week
– Flexible Timetable
– In-depth knowledge and understanding of the content which extends beyond the scope of the curriculum
– Able to provide assistance in subjects besides maths
– Large collection of resources
– Provide insight into my own study habits and preparation for math competitions and VCE whilst balancing a heavy involvement in extracurricular activities.
– Tutor at Breakthrough Education 2021
– Chess Coach at Dark Horse Chess and Noble Park Chess Club 2021
– Tutor at Seriously Addicting Mathematics 2019
– Volunteer Tutor at Craig Family Centre (Bright Brains Club) 2018
- Australian Mathematics Competition Prize Award – 2015, 2016 & 2018
- Australian Mathematics Competition High Distinction – 2017, 2019 & 2020
- Tournament of Towns International Mathematics Competition Diploma of Highest Honour – 2018
- Tournament of Towns International Mathematics Competition Distinction Award – 2016, 2017 & 2018
- Melbourne University Mathematics Competition Outstanding Award- 2019
- Australian National Chemistry Quiz High Distinction – 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Melbourne High School Best All Rounder: The George Deacon Memorial Prize -2020
- Scaled 45+ for Methods and Specialist Maths
- Scored 3140 (97th Percentile) in the UCAT 2020
I have a valid Working With Children’s Check.
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I am available after school hours on weekdays.
I provide tutoring in-person at Glen Waverley and surrounding areas. I prefer to tutor at Glen Waverley Library but can arrange to come to your house for convenience.
I am also able to provide online tutoring through Zoom. My students can attest that the quality of my service does not decrease when provided online.
The tutoring prices are listed below:
- Online tutoring $45/hr
- In-person within my specified location $50/hr
- In-person outside of my specified location $55/hr
I also provide group tuition at a DISCOUNTED FEE per person
Feel free to contact me if you have further queries.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!