Hey there, I’m Aland!
I graduated from Sydney Boys High School in 2018 with an ATAR of 99.90 and am currently studying a Bachelor of Biomedicine as a Chancellor’s Scholar at the University of Melbourne. I’m here to mentor you through the challenges of school and guide you towards academic success!
Under the NSW curriculum, I offer online tutoring to years 7-10 students for Maths, English and Science and the following HSC subjects: Mathematics Advanced , Mathematics Extension 1 , Mathematics Extension 2 , Chemistry , Physics , Business Studies  and English Advanced . Under the VIC curriculum, I offer in person and online tutoring to years 3-10 students for Maths, English and Science and the following VCE subjects: Physics, Foundations in Maths, General Maths, Maths Methods
I’m passionate about passing on knowledge and effective study strategies to help ambitious students achieve their goals. With teaching experience at a professional institution and during high school, I’m capable of suiting teaching styles to students’ unique needs within a comfortable and cooperative atmosphere. In choosing me as your mentor, I can help you achieve your best by
– working with you to construct and review comprehensive notes
– clearly explaining concepts in a personalised manner to build your understanding of content
– providing detailed solutions to your questions
– going through worked examples in detail
– mentoring you on time-management and planning strategies to help improve your individual study routine
– advising you on exam strategy
– assigning homework, marking it and providing detailed feedback
MY LOCATION, COSTS AND AVAILABILITY!
I tutor online via Skype, and in-person near Melbourne CBD. I’m willing to travel further, though this may incur an extra cost.
My prices range between $45-$80/hr. Please message me with details of the subjects you need help with and your grade level for me to give you an accurate price.
I’m available 4-9 pm Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 6-9 pm Wednesdays and 11 am – 8 pm on Sundays. However I’m fairly flexible and am willing to try arrange other times more suitable for you! I also hold a valid Working with Children’s Check.