Once the lesson occurs, you will need to mark the lesson as ‘Attended‘ in the calendar within 24 hours for the client to be charged and for you to be paid. You can also mark lessons as ‘Cancelled‘ (client not charged) or ‘Missed‘ (client charged due to late cancellation) as explained below.
All payments from clients are done through automatic credit card processing. Tutors must not collect cash or bank transfer, or any other payment method, from their clients. Please inform your clients that their credit card on file will be debited after the lesson occurs.
- Login to your online account, and navigate the ‘Calendar’ section. Find the lesson in your calendar, click on the lesson you’d like to mark as completed, and click on the ‘Complete’ link as shown below in the example. The ‘Complete’ link is next to ‘Delete’ and ‘Copy’.
2. On the next page, mark the lesson as ‘Attended‘ if they attended the lesson and it successfully went ahead. Mark it as ‘Cancelled‘ if they cancelled the lesson and no charge applies (valid reason), or mark it as ‘Missed‘ if they cancelled the lesson (without a valid reason) and they need to be charged. You can select either of these 3 options from the Status dropdown.
If a student has an invalid excuse and doesn’t show up to a lesson, you can charge them with less than 24 hours notice. All customers are required to give our tutors 24 hours notice otherwise you can charge them, however, per our policy you can choose to waive these charges. Learn more here on valid and invalid reasons for lesson cancellation.
See the screenshot below as an example of what you will see, and where you can select these options.
You can then add in notes for the student and/or family member to keep them updated on the student’s progress and you can also use this field to send homework. This is also a great place to give feedback to parents. Be sure to check the ‘Email Shared Notes’ checkbox. Also be sure to download the student, tutor and parental evaluation forms HERE and fill out on occasion.
3. Once the above has been done, click the ‘Submit’ button and your lesson will be processed and client charged via automatic credit card processing. Make sure you ALWAYS double check the information you submit with LearnMate as inaccuracies can cause inconvenience for your students.
Tutors are paid every Tuesday morning for lessons from the previous weeks up until 12am of that Tuesday morning, provided you mark all of your lessons as attended.
- All payments from clients are done through automatic credit card processing. Tutors must not collect cash or bank transfer, or any other payment method, from their clients. Please inform your clients that their credit card on file will be debited after the lesson occurs.
- Note: to add group lessons (lessons with more than one student), read the instructions here.
- Note: If you log your lesson at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson date, your student will be sent a reminder email about their upcoming lesson – to prevent cancellations.
GET ACCESS TO ALL LEARNMATE RESOURCES IN ONE CENTRAL LOCATION!
To help with consolidating all important LearnMate information, we have made it easily accessible in one central location in your LearnMate account. Centralised information includes:
- LOGGING YOUR LESSONS
- HOW YOUR CLIENTS PAY LEARNMATE & HOW WE PAY YOU WEEKLY
- LETTING US KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNAVAILABILITY
- UPDATING YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE INFORMATION
- CANCELLING LESSONS
- REQUEST STUDENT FEEDBACK FOR YOUR LEARNMATE PROFILE
- GIVE FEEDBACK TO YOUR STUDENTS AND/OR PARENTS
- CHECKING YOUR LIST OF PAST PAYCHEQUES
- DEDICATED TUTOR TRAINING MATERIALS
- TUTOR KNOWLEDGE-BASE
- HOW TO REQUEST SUPPORT FROM LEARNMATE
- WHERE THE COMMISSION GOES & HOW IT PROTECTS YOU
To access it, simply login at learnmate.com.au, go to the ‘Profile’ tab at the top of the page and scroll down to the ‘Shared Resources’ section.
Interesting in knowing how the commission levied is used to benefit tutors? With the commission comes PROTECTION of your payment. As we securely store our customers’ credit cards on file, you’re guaranteed to be paid when a lesson occurs, so you never have to worry about chasing up payments from students or parents! Not using our logging system is not only against our terms (and will result in termination), but you will no longer receive protection from unfair cancellations by students or nonpaying parents. You are also guaranteed to paid weekly via bank transfer.
See the image below highlighting exactly where it goes!