Sometimes as tutors we need to correct work outside of lessons that is beyond just a normal in-person lesson, and we sometimes need to charge for it. If you’d like to charge for work corrections, see more information below on how to submit it to LearnMate.
1. Go to your calendar here: https://learnmate.teachworks.com/calendar
2. Click on the ‘Calendar’ button at the top of the page and click on ‘Add Lessons’ as shown below.
3. From there, you’ll be able to add in the piece of work correction as shown in the image below. Under the ‘Service’ dropdown on this page, mark how long it took you to correct the work the amount it would cost you to mark an hour worth of work. For example, just say you normally charge $40 per hour to mark work, but only marked this particular piece for 30 mins, then you would put down:
- $40 per hour as the ‘Service’, and;
- A hour timeframe as the ‘Lesson Starts’ and ‘Lesson Ends’.
- Once you submit, the client would be charged $20 for the half an hour of work correction.
Make sure you ALWAYS double check the information you submit with LearnMate as inaccuracies can cause inconvenience for your students in that they may receive the wrong invoice!
PLEASE NOTE THAT NO TUTOR SHOULD USE THE ‘REPEAT’ FUNCTION CHECKBOX (SHOWN ABOVE) WHEN LOGGING LESSONS AND SHOULD ONLY LOG THE LESSONS AS THEY OCCUR TO ENSURE ACCURACY IN CLIENT INVOICING.
4. You will now need to mark the correction as ‘Attended’. The client will then be charged and you will be paid for the correctio. LEARN MORE HERE.
- Please note that tutors are paid every Tuesday for lessons from the previous week.