Logging your lessons with LearnMate is simple! Whenever you receive a client from LearnMate via email/text, and you successfully organise a time with them, you must follow the instructions below.
As we securely store our customers’ credit cards on file, you’re guaranteed to be paid when a lesson occurs, so you never have to worry about chasing up payments from students or parents! Not using our logging system is not only against our terms (and will result in termination), but you will no longer receive protection from unfair cancellations by students or nonpaying parents.
Tutors are paid every Tuesday morning for lessons from the previous weeks up until 12am of that Tuesday morning, provided you mark all of your lessons as attended.
The below instructions explain each of these 4 above steps in the image in more detail:
1. Login to your LearnMate account here: https://learnmate.teachworks.com/accounts/login
2. Click on the ‘Calendar’ button at the top of the page and click on ‘Add Lessons’ as shown below. Are you adding a group lesson with two or more students during the same lesson? Follow these instructions here instead.
3. Once you organise a time with the student, you’ll be able to schedule lessons as shown in the image below. Make sure you ALWAYS double check the information you submit with LearnMate as inaccuracies can cause inconvenience. Click ‘Submit’ once done.
- If you log your lesson at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson date, your student will be sent a reminder email about their upcoming lesson – to prevent cancellations.
- Are you adding a group lesson with two or more students during the same lesson? Follow these instructions here instead.
Are you tutoring the student online through Skype or Zoom? LearnMate provides unique online training for tutors on how to tutor students online. Learn more here.
4. Once the lesson has occurred with the student, mark the lesson as ‘Attended’ within 24 hours. The client will then be charged and you will be paid. You can also mark lessons as ‘Cancelled’ (no charge applies to the client) or ‘Missed’ (the client gave insufficient notice and they will be charged). LEARN MORE HERE.
> HOW AND WHEN DO TUTORS GET PAID?
- All payments from clients are done through automatic credit card processing. Tutors must not collect cash or bank transfer, or any other payment method, from their clients. Please inform your clients that their credit card on file will be debited after the lesson occurs.
- To apply a travel fee to your lessons (e.g. if you have to travel long distances), make sure you select a higher hourly rate when logging the lesson as shown above. For example, just say your base charge is $40 per hour, but you want to charge a $10 travel fee. So when logging your lesson, you would apply a $50 charge to the client.
- Please note that a 27.5% commission applies on all lesson hours with LearnMate. Be sure to select an hourly rate that takes into account LearnMate’s commission.
- Tutors are paid every Tuesday morning for lessons from the previous weeks up until 12am of that Tuesday morning, provided you mark all of your lessons as attended.
- Note: to add group lessons (lessons with more than one student), read the instructions here.
GET ACCESS TO ALL LEARNMATE RESOURCES IN ONE CENTRAL LOCATION!
To help with consolidating all important LearnMate information, we have made it easily accessible in one central location in your LearnMate account. Centralised information includes:
- LOGGING YOUR LESSONS
- HOW YOUR CLIENTS PAY LEARNMATE & HOW WE PAY YOU WEEKLY
- LETTING US KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNAVAILABILITY
- UPDATING YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE INFORMATION
- CANCELLING LESSONS
- REQUEST STUDENT FEEDBACK FOR YOUR LEARNMATE PROFILE
- GIVE FEEDBACK TO YOUR STUDENTS AND/OR PARENTS
- CHECKING YOUR LIST OF PAST PAYCHEQUES
- DEDICATED TUTOR TRAINING MATERIALS
- TUTOR KNOWLEDGE-BASE
- HOW TO REQUEST SUPPORT FROM LEARNMATE
- WHERE THE COMMISSION GOES & HOW IT PROTECTS YOU
To access it, simply login at learnmate.com.au, go to the ‘Profile’ tab at the top of the page and scroll down to the ‘Shared Resources’ section.
Interesting in knowing where the LearnMate 27.5% commission goes within the company? With the commission comes PROTECTION of your payment. With LearnMate, as we securely store our customers’ credit cards on file, you’re guaranteed to be paid when a lesson occurs, so you never have to worry about chasing up payments from student or parent!