Logging your lessons with LearnMate is simple! Whenever you receive a client from LearnMate via email/text, and you successfully organise a time with them, you must follow the instructions below. As we securely store our customers’ credit cards on file, you’re guaranteed to be paid when a lesson occurs, so you never have to worry about chasing up payments from students or parents! Not using our logging system is not only against our terms (and will result in termination), but you will no longer receive protection from unfair cancellations by students or nonpaying parents. Tutors are paid every Tuesday morning for lessons from the previous weeks up until 12am of that Tuesday morning, provided you mark all of your lessons as attended.
Note: to add group lessons (lessons with more than one student), read the instructions here.
Note: are you wanting to charge a student for correction of work? Read the instructions here.
The below instructions explain each of these 4 above steps in the image in more detail:
1. Login to your personal LearnMate account here: https://learnmate.teachworks.com/accounts/login
2. Click on the ‘Calendar’ button at the top of the page and click on ‘Add Lessons’ as shown below.
3. Once you organise a time with the student, you’ll be able to schedule lessons as shown in the image below. Make sure you ALWAYS double check the information you submit with LearnMate as inaccuracies can cause inconvenience. Click ‘Submit’ once done. Note: If you log your lesson at least 24 hours before the scheduled lesson date, your student will be sent a reminder email about their upcoming lesson – to prevent cancellations.
4. Once the lesson has occurred with the student, mark the lesson as ‘Attended’ within 24 hours. The client will then be charged and you will be paid. You can also mark lessons as ‘Cancelled’ (no charge applies to the client) or ‘Missed’ (the client gave insufficient notice and they will be charged). LEARN MORE HERE.
- All payments from clients are done through automatic credit card processing. Tutors must not collect cash or bank transfer, or any other payment method, from their clients. Please inform your clients that their credit card on file will be debited after the lesson occurs.
- To apply a travel fee to your lessons (e.g. if you have to travel long distances), make sure you select a higher hourly rate when logging the lesson as shown above. For example, just say your base charge is $40 per hour, but you want to charge a $10 travel fee. So when logging your lesson, you would apply a $50 charge to the client.
- Please note that a 27.5% commission applies on all lesson hours with LearnMate. Be sure to select an hourly rate that takes into account LearnMate’s commission.
- Tutors are paid every Tuesday morning for lessons from the previous weeks up until 12am of that Tuesday morning, provided you mark all of your lessons as attended.
- Note: to add group lessons (lessons with more than one student), read the instructions here.
> UPDATING YOUR PUBLIC PROFILE INFORMATION: If you ever need to update your profile with accurate and up to date information, you can do that here (make sure you save this link): https://learnmate.com.au/update/. In particular, you must keep your location, timetable and subject info up-to-date to avoid getting unsuitable clients.
> LETTING US KNOW ABOUT YOUR UNAVAILABILITY: If you ever need to provide us with your temporary or permanent unavailability (make sure you save this link), go here: https://learnmate.com.au/unavailability/. This will delist you from the site’s search engine until you’d like to resume tutoring again.
Interesting in knowing where the LearnMate 27.5% commission goes within the company? With the commission comes PROTECTION of your payment. With LearnMate, as we securely store our customers’ credit cards on file, you’re guaranteed to be paid when a lesson occurs, so you never have to worry about chasing up payments from student or parent!
See the image below highlighting exactly where it goes!