THIS MEETUP IS OPEN TO ALL TUTORS FROM ALL SUBJECTS!
So what exactly is this ‘Summer Meetup’?
Good question! The main purposes for this meet up are:
1. Professional Development
2. Company Development
- I will aim to get some very experienced tutors to come along and provide their knowledge on how to tackle common issues in tutoring as well as how to become a better communicator, motivator and mentor.
- I will also present based on my personal experience all of the common issues I’ve faced and how I’ve dealt with it.
- I will also talk about my experience on how to better market yourself and develop a name/authority for yourself!
- You will also get a chance to meet up with tutors for similar subjects (e.g. if you teach Biology you can chat to another tutor who teaches Biology) – this will provide an invaluable experience to gain insight into how other tutors conduct their lessons.
Before I started LearnMate, I was a private tutor myself for a couple of years. During this time, I learnt many skills that I will be presenting to you at this meetup. Shortly thereafter, I couldn’t keep up with demand and managed to amass a regular client base of 25 students per week. I got to the point where I was turning away students, and of course that didn’t sit right with me. That’s when LearnMate was born. Not only will I present tutoring skills, but also marketing skills – and how to attain more students than you can dream of.
- My vision is to make this Australia’s largest and to knock out some of the giants. I’d love to hear about any feedback you have about our systems, how we can improve the company processes and culture etc.
- You’ll be able to network with similar and like-minded tutors and forge friendships. I have seen many tutors become friends with each other simply by attending our past meetups.
You’ll be provided with notes and resources on all of the tips and tricks provided during the workshop in a nice neat folder!
I’ll be providing snacks, drinks and some food, but I will aim to end at 1:30pm just in time for lunch at the place. Subway will be provided free of charge 🙂 How can you go wrong with free Subway!?
This will be held on Saturday 4th of February, as I figured if it were to be held any later then it would cause some scheduling issues with lessons, and university students will still mostly be on break. Please arrive at 10:45am and we will finish by 1:30pm in time for lunch.
If you’d like to attend, please click here. Both current and new LearnMate tutors are welcome to attend. If you’d like to bring a friend along to introduce them to the company, then by all means feel free to – please just ask me first.
I look forward to seeing you there! 🙂