THIS MEETUP IS OPEN TO ALL TUTORS FROM ALL SUBJECTS!
So what exactly is this ‘Autumn Meetup in Melbourne’?
Good question! The main purposes for this meet up are:
1. Professional Development
2. Company Development
- I will aim to get some very experienced tutors to come along and provide their knowledge on how to tackle common issues in tutoring as well as how to become a better communicator, motivator and mentor.
- I will also present based on my personal experience all of the common issues I’ve faced and how I’ve dealt with it.
- You will also get a chance to meet up with tutors for similar subjects (e.g. if you teach Biology you can chat to another tutor who teaches Biology) – this will prove to be an invaluable experience to gain insight into how other tutors conduct their lessons.
- You’ll have time during lunch break (with free Subway) to talk to other tutors!
- You’ll be provided with worksheets, documents and general discussion so as to remain on track with what will be occurring. See images below as an example of what you’d be getting to fill in / discuss. You’ll be able to break up into small groups and do some group activities (e.g. solving common problems involving students etc).
- As you’ll be discussing with other tutors about areas of improvement and opportunity, you’ll begin to take in all the ideas to improve yourself!
- Towards the end of the meetup, Dmitri will convene everyone together and we will discuss the major takeaways from the meetup.
- Dmitri will also present all of his tutoring experience and engage in group discussion with all tutors.
- My vision is to make LearnMate Australia’s largest and to knock out some of the giants. I’d love to hear about any feedback you have about our systems, how we can improve the company processes and culture etc.
- You’ll be able to network with similar and like-minded tutors and forge friendships. I have seen tutors become friends with each other simply by attending our past meetups.
You’ll be provided with notes and resources on all of the tips and tricks provided during the workshop in a nice neat folder!
I’ll be providing snacks, drinks and Subway at about 1pm, so we’ll get to munch on Subway while learning!
This will be held on Saturday April 14th in the CBD from 12pm – 2:30pm.
If you’d like to attend, please click here. Both current and new LearnMate tutors are welcome to attend. If you’d like to bring a friend along to introduce them to the company, then by all means feel free to – please just ask me first.
I look forward to seeing you there! 🙂